Sunday, August 27, 2006

The First Rapping Knight?

By Kanrei
I was going to make fun of this story. I have had it bouncing around in my head all day long trying to decide on just the right angle to go at it from. A story like this opens itself up to so many classes of jokes that it takes time to pick just the right approach. The end result of all this pondering and joke working is? The idea makes sense to me.

OK, you are probably screaming at your monitor right now wonder what the hell I am babbling about this time. That or you have left for another page (shame on you). What I am babbling about this time is that Elton John is going to release a hip-hop album, I mean CD. I will get that right one day.

According to the AP, Sir Elton John told Rolling Stone that he wants to make an album produced by Dr. Dre and featuring Snoop Dogg, Kayne, Eminem among others. It is not that far of a stretch actually considering he did a duet with Eminem on the 2001 Grammy Award Show. From what I recall, it was very well received. I wonder what took him so long actually.
"I want to bring my songs and melodies to hip-hop beats...I love these beats, but I have no idea how to get them."

I really am intrigued by this concept. Elton John has always been a great song writer and an amazing singer. Although not writing the words to his greatest songs, his music was inspiring. I can only imagine what he will come up with when combined with the undeniable lyrical talents of the rappers and the production genius of Dr. Dre.

I am far from a rap fan, but even I cannot deny talent. I could never do what they do and I have tried. I am a decent poet but could not write a rap song to save my life. This could be, as Sir Elton tells Rolling Stone "a disaster, it could be fantastic, but you don't know until you try." At 59 years old, this is an amazingly brave step for him to take. I am sorry I even looked for a joke actually.

2 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

No. No, no, no! That is just so wrong on so many different levels. It really is by God Armageddon.:(

7:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really think it will be either incredible or aweful. Either way, lots of fun for me =D

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home