Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Part Eleven -or- Breaking News: the TomKitten

By Kanrei

CBS is in trouble and I am saying this from the perspective of not having seen Katie Couric’s debut. I have not really read any reviews of how she did or what she did different. I have basically only read one thing and that really was enough to let me know where CBS is heading.
“Katie Couric, in her first night as anchor of the `CBS Evening News', revealed photos of 4 1/2-month-old Suri, daughter of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.”


Game over. Thank you for playing. Where CBS was “Can’t Broadcast Sports”, the “S” has transformed into bodily excrement.

I mean there is no place at all for this “beat the tabloid” attitude in an organization that wants to be taken seriously as a news source. Katie Couric is already up against many stereotypes being the first female anchor for broadcast news. Add in the fact that she is blonde and I do not think the TomKitten is proper for her debut.

The bar is really low right now at least. She can only go up from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home