Thursday, September 21, 2006

Part Twelve: Nic Cage and the Thailand Coup

By Kanrei

I must admit to not really knowing very much about that coup in Thailand. I know the military took control this week while the Prime Minister was at the United Nations. I know they have arrested and or/suspended the Parliament and are restoring the King to power.

What I do not know is if this is a good thing for the people of Thailand or a bad thing. I do know they have done a major favor for the movie going public world-wide. I guess that is something positive to concentrate on at least.

Big Hit in Bangkok is a new movie being filmed in Bangkok by Danny and Oxide Pang. It is set to be released in 2007 and is a remake of a movie they made in 1999 called Bangkok Dangerous. Both these films tell the story of a deaf-mute hitman who undergoes a change of conscious and seeks revenge against his former boss. The remake is going to star Nicolas Cage.

Cage and the producer of the film suspended production upon learning of the military takeover. They were about thirty days from finishing filming when this happened the AP is reporting.

I really do not know enough about Thailand politics to say if they are better off or not with this occurring. I suppose only time will tell, but there is one thing I can say for certain. I am positive that the world will be a better place if we can go just six months without a new Nic Cage film. I do not think that is too much to ask.

I do not hate Nic Cage. I actually think he is a really good actor, but I am sick of hearing about him being in a new movie. Two movies in 2005 were released staring him: Lord of War and Weatherman. Both these movies were rather bad. 2006 now has three if you include his voice work in Ant Bully and IMDB is already listing four more for both 2007 and 2008. Someone needs to remind Nic about quality over quantity.

Want to know what I think the Thailand coup was really about? Of course you do because you have read this far. I think the military decided someone had to stop Nicholas Cage from making another movie for a while. They wanted us to miss him just a little before he returned to the silver screen.

Of course, it could have all been Nic’s doing. Look at the press he is getting out of it. First the AP, then ET, and now me. Curse you Nic! Forget everything you just read.

1 Comments:

Blogger PistonPilot said...

Your article has an error. The King was not restored to power, the King has always been in power here. He has been The King for 60 years and this coup happened with his blessing.

Had he not been for it, I assure you it would never have happened and Thaksin would be sitting fat dumb and happy pillaging more money from the Thai People.

The Thai People love The King of Thailand. If there had been a coup against the King by the military, the Thai people would mass and annihilate the military. No joke.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home